Snooze Side Story

I admit, I am such a jakun when it comes to once-in-a-lifetime concert happenings or even musicals. For example, when I heard that Usher was making his way to our shores for a concert, I SO FELT LIKE GOING!!! But then again, I dont know most of his songs and I'm not a big fan so....why should I spend so much money right? Better save money for when Adam Lambert comes or something (hing hint).

One good example of this jakun-ness is when Kris Allen came for a showcase. Me, being on Team Glambert, was somehow so in a 'die die also must go see Kris Allen!!' mode. Even I was like...wtf lah. And I was upset when I didnt win the tickets. Grr! But thanks so Minni, I got it lah so...phew.

Anyway, when I saw an advertisement of the West Side Story being staged here, I got seriously excited. Mainly because some of the Westlife members starred in it during the schooling days, it was on Ugly Betty where Justin played a role for his school play, and....its from New York!! I know, damn useless excuses. oh well.

Photobucket

I didnt think much of it until my mom announced...'I got free West Side Story tickets!!'. Wahhh...I was the first one to put my hands up and said...'Pick me! Pick me!!'. In my defense, it was more convenient to follow her to the show because I usually car pool with her while I was working part time...and the show was on a Friday. Uh huh. So, we went to the show with Aunty LaiWah and Cousin Cheryl. The both of them also got free tickets and Cousin Cheryl decided to switch seats with mummy so that we younger ones sit way behind while the two older ones get the front seat :D

This is the view from where I was.

Photobucket

It wasnt that close up lah. The wonders of the zoom fuction in a camera. Luckilly we got free tickets also. Why? Because it was boring not our cup of tea. Sure, the story line is very dramatic and interesting and all but....I FELL ASLEEP!! hahahaa. It was either I was too tired or it was too comfortable.

The best part is, I wasnt the only one. Mum, Aunty LaiWah and Cousin Cheryl even dozed off!! Oh, and a couple left the place like halfway through the first part before intermission. See? Its not me >.<

Oh, here's the band doing some sound check.

Photobucket

It sounded amazing!! Dont worry, they're not the reason why I fell asleep. Mainly because everything was so draggy and too drama. Not much comedic elements. I also didnt know most of the songs and the only one I knew was one that was featured in Glee. LOL. Oh and one more sung by Il Divo. So much for being excited.

Maybe I was expecting it be catchy like Mamma Mia or Hairspray or Grease but...it wasnt :(
Dont get me wrong, West Side Story, overall, is a wonder ful musical but its just really not my type. I was so blur during the whole that i had to ask Cousin Cheryl who Tony (main character) was...during the intermission. LOL.

I heard grease is coming soon tho. Now, that...I wanna see!!! I hope Hairspray is coming as well. Pleasee!!! :)

That's all :)

0 says That's So Clair:


up